We at Profound; a young and dynamic digital innovation agency that helps companies become more successful in today’s digital world - are looking for a Scrum Master
to join our awesome team.
Work is a big part of life. At Profound we believe that’s why it should always be fun and interesting. Our Caribbean roots are the source of our upbeat culture in which you’re able to make an impact internationally. Our offices are located in the Caribbean as well as the Netherlands, which means you’ll be working in a cultural melting pot. Our values reflect fun, drive, and inclusion, making this a great place to demonstrate your passion. Our mission is to help mankind forward through profound digital experiences. If you share that mission, you’re just the person we’re looking for!
As a scrum master, you are responsible for increasing the agility of the projects you contribute to and the company as a whole. You are a servant leader who is able to guide (scrum) teams in becoming more flexible, transparent, self-organizing, and continuously improving. You are also constantly looking for ways to transfer knowledge about scrum to your team and organization. Making sure others perform at their highest potential is a challenge you are willing to accept. You have achieved your goals when others have achieved theirs.
A successful scrum master displays the following qualities:
Your responsibilities as a scrum master are to:
- A true team player
- Able to facilitate all scrum meetings
- Is constantly busy trying to improve the way of working
- Is able to communicate in written and verbal form with technical and non-technical people
- Lives by the scrum values: Focus, Openness, Courage, Commitment, and Respect
- Has an agile mindset, meaning he/she is able to respond to change given new insights
- Is able to coach others in learning about scrum and agile methodologies
- Likes to remove impediments that hamper progress for others
- Is not afraid to let others shine
- Is able to provide basic training to teams about scrum foundations
- Is in possession certificate or willing to become certified as Professional Scrum Master
- Can apply other agile methodologies than scrum (Kanban, SAFe, etc.)
Profound aims to be a place where you thrive by:
- Oversee scrum artifacts such as: product backlog, sprint backlog, user stories, etc.
- Facilitate all scrum ceremonies and help teams to facilitate these in your absence
- Help teams create focus by ensuring clear priorities and goals are set
- Keep progress towards goals transparent by creating visual management
- Remove impediments to goals by looking at team needs with regard to alignment or resourcing
- Protect team members from taking on work that is not properly described
- Coaching teams on scrum by providing training and providing feedback in the moment
- Identify and mitigate dependencies with other teams or external parties
- Ensure team is properly motivated and working at a sustainable pace
- Providing work with impact and meaning
- Encouraging flexible working hours and mental health
- Remote work as long as you’re available during CET working hours
- Lots of room for personal growth and initiative
- Fun and upbeat company culture
Have we sparked your interest? Please reach out so we can get to know each other. We always like getting to know new people.